18 September 2017

Bolt Action - Modular roads

I’ve made modular muddy roads for my Bolt Action 1939 project. The biggest problem I had was matching my electrostatic grass mat with electrostatic grass made by the same producer. I didn’t check it before so after applying grass, I’ve found grass colours were totally different. I’ve spend few hours watering grass (glued with PVA glue) and then removing it with my thumb. I’ve made my own mix of Noch grass (50/50) and it works almost perfect.

Blueprints
Before I’ve made first cuts I drew possible layouts in Illustrator. After this i knew how many of each type I need to make.


Car ruts
Ice cream stick, electrical tape, paper clip, 2 plasticard tubes, spare wheel from Warlord Games Sd.Kfz.251/1


Final
Full length (in straight line) is 5 meters and 10 centimeters.


Storage
Box 39 x 33,5 x 18cm.

5 comments:

  1. Haha, wiem o co chodzi z trawką KK, też miałem z tym problem :D Fajne te drogi i świetny patent na robienie odcisków w drodze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw. widzę że Twoja mata jest bardzo równa i nie ma odkształceń w przeciwieństwie do mojej. Dostałeś taką idealną, czy udało Ci się ją jakoś wyprostować?

      Delete
  2. Świetny patent! Makieta ładna, trwała i wygodna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bardzo profesjonalne przygotowanie i świetny efekt końcowy. Jakie wymiary mają poszczególne elementy i jak je robiłeś (kształtki do MDF/tektura/coś innego? masa to na bazie wikolu?) - jeśli możesz napisz coś więcej :)

    ReplyDelete